Blood, Sweat & Beers Trail Race (10.4 m) - July 28th, 2013
8 week Training Program begins June 1st
Group workouts are held every Thursday at 6:00 pm and every Saturday at 8:00 am.
Thursday workouts will be held on the trails behind Cavitt Jr High School in Granite
Bay. Weekend workouts will be held in either Cool (meeting at the firestation) or Auburn
(meeting at the Dam Overlook or near Quarry Road).
- Daily training schedules
- Twice a week group training sessions
- Experienced coaches to support you along the way
- Energy replacement drinks and water at all workouts
- Weekly training newsletter
- Education on proper trail running technique, fueling, stretching & race strategy
- Workouts at some of the area's best trails
- You will have an intimate knowledge of the race course (we'll train on it!)
REQUIRED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF TRAINING
- Currently running 4 - 5 days/wk. and a minimum of 50 - 60 minutes per run Injury free and able to run continuously for 4 miles on trail (first long workout)
- 12 Minute Per Mile and Faster Training Group - This is for you if you can keep a pace of 12 minutes per mile or faster (on road) for 5+ miles. The longest workout for this group will be roughly 9 miles and will train you for the 10.4 mile race at Blood Sweat & Beers.